Friday, July 15, 2011

What will it take to win the conference?

In looking toward this season, Ferrum is in a very strong position to contend for the conference title. I see some very big positives for the upcoming season. For starters, I think the offense will be very good. I would rate the running backs and the quarterbacks as Very Strong. Mayo will return as the starting quarterback for his Senior season.  Receivers will also be high quality, and with Mayo's ability to deliver the ball, this will add to the offensive threat. On  the offensive line, Ferrum will have a lot of returning experience. I expect this unit to be even better than they were last year.

Defensively, I look for improvement in the secondary, with all of last years starters returning. At linebacker, I expect there to be a mix of newer faces along with players with needed experience.. Look for the line to have several new faces. The lack of experience may be a cause for concern, but I expect this unit to gel with no problem.

What it will take for Ferrum to win the conference is quality consistent performances, and while no game is a guaranteed win or loss, it goes without saying that the road to a conference championship for the Panthers will be laden with obstacles. Christopher Newport and North Carolina Wesleyan for starters. I see these as the two main foes that Ferrum will have to defeat to win the conference. It can be done, and I have a feeling that Ferrum is in a position to really surprise some people this year. Look for Ferrum to be in the fight for the conference championship right to the last game. Who knows, Ferrum may well be playing in week 12.

It will be an interesting season, and I would say that this will be the most exciting season since 2005. As fans your support to this team will be invaluable. Go to a game, and show your support. This will be an fun year.

No comments:

Post a Comment