Saturday, October 1, 2011

Panthers Rip Maryville, 27-3
Record even at 2-2

The Ferrum Panthers got down to business in their conference opener, defeating the Maryville Scots 27-3 at Honaker Field in Maryville. Although I am still waiting on official statistics, the numbers will be overwhelmingly in the Panthers favor. Mayo had over 100 yards passing, and just under 100 rushing. He had one touchdown run of over 40 yards, and kept the Scots defense on their heels most of the game. Steven Harris ran for over 100 yards as well.

While the offense really shined, the defense sparkled. I am very impressed with the improvements I see defensively. Ferum has, in four weeks, sold me on the defense. I am a believer, and really think things will only get better. The Maryville offense was stymied most of the day, and Ferrum was very close to pitching a shutout. As a side note, Ferrum has not allowed a touchdown in 8 quarters!

I will have more comments as the stats become available.

Go Panthers!   (Last year at this time Ferrum was 0-4. Keep it going.)

No comments:

Post a Comment