Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Game Preview:
Ferrum @ Emory and Henry

As you can tell by reading my last article, I am expecting a strong offensive display by both teams. In my mind the main focus for the Panthers has to be to stop the Wasps, gain possession, and score. Yeah I know (duh) but this simple rule for being a successful football team must be paramount for Ferrum to ride home victorious.

Three and outs, and turnovers will be key to keep the ball in the hand of Tim Reynolds and the offense. The secondary will be tested, and it would be a huge help to see points put up by the Panthers D. E&H cannot score if they do not have the ball, so time of possession, and eliminating offensive turnovers is key.

The home field advantage is in the Wasps favor, but in the last two seasons, Ferrum has played 10 road games, winning 7 (70%). Ferrum is due to win over the Wasps, and I think Saturday, could be the day. It may come down to a special team play, or plays that turns the tide, but however  it happens, I see this being a "W" for Ferrum.


Ferrum  29
E&H     27


As for the rest of the conference teams, this is how I see it.for the weekend: (Team in Bold is my projected winner)

NC Wesleyan @ Stevenson
Guilford @ Greensboro
Averett @ Hampden-Sydney
Methodist @ Southern Virginia
Birmingham Southern @ LaGrange
Christopher Newport @ Salisbury
Maryville @ Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment