Tuesday, August 21, 2018

2018 Predictions

It has been my habit to have had these predictions out before now. In the past they have come out by the end of July, just prior to media day. Media day became far less of an event last year in the USA South as cost of travel for coaches relegated this to more like a conference call.....as I understand it.
In the ODAC, I have not seen a mention on the website about the coaches poll, and not until today did I see that that there are predictions of some type. I immediately scrolled away from the article as to not see them before I publish my own.

This will be a bare bones list of where I think the teams will finish. It will not include any comments about each team, and no helmet graphics this time.  Working two jobs and doing a semi remodel on my house has cut into my blogging time......I digress...Here is how I see Ferrum's first year in the ODAC winding up.



1.     Shenandoah

2.     Washington and Lee

3.     Hampden-Sydney

4.     Randolph Macon

5.     Ferrum

6.     Emory and Henry

7.      Guilford

8.      Bridgewater


It will be a tight race in many respects. Very little will separate the first 5 teams. Look for Ferrum to finish no worse than 5th in the conference, and with an unexpected win here of there, could contend for the title.

Shenandoah is an ever improving team, and Washington and Lee is the defending conference champion. Hampden -Sydney seems to be rebounding after a couple of off years.

Is should be a fun year.

Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment