Saturday, September 22, 2018

Hurricanes and Computers.....Thanks Florence

After writing my last post about Ferrum's win over the Apprentice School, My computer just quit working. Took it to Best Buy to find out that my extended warranty that I purchased, had expired just two months before. Essentially, Windows 10 crashed. While this was extremely frustrating, I was able to re load the program and after a few updates, it seems to be working, almost normally.

I knew I could post to the Fans page on facebook, but the prospect of writing a post for the blog from my phone was not an option. It was a real possibility that I would, for the first time I think, not get a post up for a game. Of course as it turned out, Hurricane Florence came ashore, causing the cancellation of many games,  including Ferrum @ Averett. While this storm wreaked havoc in much of North Carolina, Virginia, for the most part was spared. Manypeople have suffered unimaginable losses, and I feel for them deeply, but for me, Florence if nothing else, gave me a chance to get the computer back up and running.

This week, Ferrum is back home against former conference foe, Greensboro. The Pride (1-1) have a win over Gallaudet, but opened the season with a loss against a respectable Newport News Apprentice squad.

I expect that this week, Ferrum will have little trouble with a Pride team that may not talley another win this season. Look for this to be a tune up for
the resumption of conference play.

It should be a happy home crowd for the hall of fame weekend game.

Ferrum 41
Greensboro 7

As for the rest of the ODAC games, the schedule has been drastically altered since the storm. Some games were played early, others postponed, and others were cancelled. I will forgo predictions this week.

Go Panthers!

1 comment:

  1. Greensboro players and coaches did not care about that game at all. It It was like,ferrum you want a big win here you go good luck in the o.d.a.c. conference!

    ReplyDelete