Monday, March 2, 2020

Grande Resigns

I received word of this on Feb. 27th, saying that Coach Grande would be leaving Ferrum. I got a message on my phone about 1:15 p.m. I considered the source to be very reliable, but as this was a Ferrum issue, and I did not have specific details, I felt I would not post anything about it on the blog, or anywhere for that matter.

I believe that Coach Grande has been a great benefit to the college, and has been of huge importance to the players and to the program. To my knowledge, this is the first time in the history of the program that a coach has left the position to take another coaching job. (I will not wager on it, but I think I am right about that).

I have had the chance to chat with Coach Grande on a few occasions, and each time he has been welcoming, and seemed genuinely glad to see me. I always appreciated the reception when I would go out to Ferrum. One of the things that I believe that Grande was most successful at was putting together his staff of assistant coaches. I believe he has, over his four years, shown great wisdom in developing his staff. From that staff, Defensive Coordinator Marshall Doss has been named interim head coach. A nation wide search for Grande's replacement is underway
While there has been no announcement as to where he is going the college confirmed he will be going to another school.

Good Luck Coach Grande. Wishing you and your family all the best. Thanks for all you have done for Ferrum College.

No comments:

Post a Comment