When I take the season in its totality, I see a team that is maturing, and getting better each week. The biggest difference is in one of the most important areas of the game...the line of scrimmage. I see a good amount of more consistent and improved play on both sides of the ball. This makes the team better all the way around.
Today, Ferrum played at Barton, and after we lost to Barton for homecoming last year, I became concerned that this would place us in a more difficult situation against them on the road. When reviewing the stats of Barton this year, it quickly became apparent that Barton was struggling on offense. As it turned out the Bulldogs fortunes on offense did not improve against Ferrum. Barton had a total of 244 offensive yards,, 85 through the air, and 159 on the ground. Both teams passing games were likely hampered due to the rainy conditions. Ferrum posted 93 yards through the air, and 277 yards on the ground. The ground was the route to score today, as Eli Foutz has two rushing touchdowns, and Jycen Anciso had the other, a5 yard burst through the line on Ferrum's first possession.
Ferrum gave a solid and steady performance. Barton was shutout for their third game in a row. Next week Ferrum travels to Rome Ga. to take on the Shorter Hawks. Look for this to be a very tough and evenly matched game. I will have a preview by Thursday or Friday.
That first win feels good!
Go Panthers!

No comments:
Post a Comment