Friday, September 30, 2016

A Look at the Rest of the Conference Schedule

It's time for USA South conference play, and all eight teams will be vying for that elusive conference championship. While I think that Huntingdon is still the favorite to take the title, The rest of the field features some teams that may seriously contend....and yes, I am counting Ferrum among them.

As of right now, I would say that Maryville has the best chance to challenge the Hawks, but LaGrange, North Carolina Wesleyan, Ferrum and Averett could also play a role in the final standings.

Keeping that in mind, here are my predictions for this weeks conference games:


Maryville @ Methodist

# 15 Huntingdon @ N.C. Wesleyan

Averett @ LaGrange

Ferrum @ Greensboro



Pay attention to the Huntingdon at N.C. Wesleyan game. This is quite an important game, and while I think the Hawks will prevail, don't think for a minute that the Battling Bishops cannot hold their own. While I think it is too much to expect an upset, it is not impossible at all. An upset would throw the conference race into chaos, right from the start.
Averett @ LaGrange could be another close contest, and will tell a lot about these two teams.

Ferrum and Maryville will likely win their respective games, and I think by a wide margin.

It should be a great weekend for football......Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment