Saturday, September 24, 2016

The ODAC Will Need a Team
What about Ferrum?

With Catholic University leaving the ODAC, and moving to the NEWMAC (New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference), there will be an opening to fill in the ODAC. I have been told by a source at Catholic University that Ferrum and Averett are both being strongly considered as a replacement for the conference.
Many would say that Ferrum would be a good fit for this conference. I am not sure what the criteria would be but I am sure that from an athletic facilities standpoint, Ferrum should be fine. I personally believe that the facilities at Ferrum are comparable to any D3 school in Virginia. I do not know where academics figure into something like this, but as Averett has a graduate program, and a satellite campus, there could be an argument made to favor Averett.
I am not sure if this would be a good move for Ferrum, but with the new travel requirements in the USA South with the addition of Huntingdon and LaGrange, I would think this may be advantageous financially.

I want to know what you think. There is a poll on the right. I hope you will take the poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment