Friday, September 6, 2024

#5 Mount Union @ Ferrum

The Panthers are ready to start another season of Blackhat football. With coach Kevin Sherman '92 at the helm, there are all sorts of possibilities for this team. There for me are also several question marks as there are many new names on the roster. Quarterback looks like it will be handled by Junior Zach Wyatt.  As best as I can tell, Wyatt was on the 2022 roster at Ferrum as a Freshman, but was not on the 2023 roster. This year he returns as a Junior, and will be backed up by Sophomore Blake Jones.
To start this season, the Panthers are not shying away from quality opponents. Opening against the Purple Raiders of Mount Union is going to prove to be a challenge. It will take every ounce of fuel in the tank, grit in the gut, and an abundance of Grace from God to compete with this team. It seems sort of repetitive to continue to share accolades of this team, so I won't......it will have to suffice that this may be the best team ever to visit Adams stadium.....at least in the Division 3 era. (Considering history of success)

I am a Ferrum fan and nothing tomorrow will change that. It was my intent to be at the game tomorrow, but a change in the schedule at work will keep me in eastern Virginia. If work ends early enough, I will try to watch it online.
No prediction for this one, I am just hoping for a good game with no injuries, and good sportsmanship.

Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment