Friday, September 9, 2022

Muskingum @ Ferrum

 Wait....who?  Muskingum (OH) comes to Ferrum Saturday, and this will be the first meeting between these two teams. When I saw that game on the schedule, I must admit I was taken aback as this was not a typical non-conference opponent. The Fighting Muskies will open their season with this game, so there is no video from last week. 

Delving back into 2021, they ended with a 5-5 record, finishing 5th in a 10 team conference. A conference that includes the Mt. Union Purple Raiders. This could be an interesting game for Ferrum. I am not sure what to expect, but I believe the Panthers will have a more evenly matched opponent....at least from a division perspective.

Look for Ferrum to have more success on the ground, and to open the passing game even more. Defensively, Ferrum must get more pressure on the quarterback, and will hopefully have more success defending the pass. Their Quarterback Jordan Garrett is not afraid to put it up as he averaged 232 passing yards per game last year. He can also run the ball. 

Ferrum will continue to develop with this game, and as this game is at home, I am looking for an added boost from the crowd. I think Ferrum's QB Brayden Hawkins improved as last week's game went on. There were not a lot of apparent positives in a shellacking like last weeks, but I do believe they will come into this game better prepared, and with the same never say die spirit. It will be that spirit that will carry them to the win.


Ferrum 27

Muskingum 20

No comments:

Post a Comment